The following requirements must be met to be considered for the HARRA series competition.
Course must be certified through USATF and certification number provided to HARRA. Course timing must adhere to USATF guidelines. This includes races that are timed using electronic chips.
Liability insurance, $1,000,000 minimum. HARRA must be included as an additional insured party.
Include HARRA in any runner’s release or waiver of liability.
HARRA members must receive at least $1.00 discount off entry fee.
HARRA logo is to be placed on entry form, as well as designation that the race is part of the spring/fall series.
A HARRA runners fee of $0.25 per entrant within 4 weeks after race date.
Remit to: HARRA, P.O.Box 572497, Houston, Texas, 77257
HARRA affiliated club race tax fee and equipment rental fee schedule:
1-499= no fee for runners- $50 equipment rental fee
500-749= 50% runners tax fee & 50% equipment rental fee
750-999= 75% runners tax fee & 75% equipment rental fee
>1000 = 100% runners tax fee & 100% equipment rental fee
If not a HARRA affiliated club, fees and taxes would be at the 100% level.
Course/finish line equipment must be rented through HARRA, unless owned by the race or organization associated with the race.
The race must provide the following:
Two (or more) easily identified, non-participant EMT’s (intermediate or higher level), or two ( or more) certified medical personnel approved by the HARRA Medical Advisor.
The medical personnel must be on site 60 minutes prior to the race and until either: 1) 30 minutes after official course closure time or 2) 15 minutes after the last participant has finished. If the medical personal have not appeared and replacements have not been arranged for 30 minutes prior to race start, HARRA recommends that the race be cancelled and rescheduled. If the event is conducted with out the proper medical personnel the race will be excluded from the HARRA series the following year.
One toilet for each 70 runners.
Parking available within 0.5 mile of the start line
Banners and/or directional signs to race start and finish, race registration and packet pickup
Water and refreshments
Posted race results
Police protection and proper traffic control as needed
Each mile clearly marked on the course
Visible clock at the finish line
Awards at least 3 deep for each male and female 5-year age group as follows: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and over
Entry forms available 6 weeks prior to race date
Water/replacement fluids available at start and finish and at a minimum every two mile interval
Course must be clearly marked
Provide individual finishing times for all finishers within one week in a computer file to the VP of Clubs, and make results available online to Runner Triathlete News.
Send to HARRA a list of race
volunteers for inclusion in the HARRA VVIP Program.
If a race serves alcoholic beverages a race must (1) not serve anyone who is obviously intoxicated or presents the appearance of being a danger to themselves or others; and (2) not serve anyone who is under aged.
- In order for a team to score in the HARRA Interclub Competition, all runners must be members in good standing in HARRA and in the club they are representing at the time of the race. (Current HARRA Membership can be viewed: https://harra.org/member-list).
- Club affiliation must be designated in the runner’s HARRA member profile.
- There is a 48-hour grace period after the race for runners to make their HARRA status and club affiliation current. (Links to Join, Renew or Login to account are on the top right of the HARRA home page.)
- Teams that have non-member or mixed affiliation runners may still participate in the race competition, but the team will not be counted in HARRA standings.
- Each runner may only run one leg of the relay. Runners may not run on more than one team.
- Each leg must be completely finished or the team will be disqualified
- 4th leg runner must wear the D race bib/number (or carry chip on person). Runners should run in order of bib (A, B, C, D)
- All members of each team eligible for awards are subject to verification by race officials prior to the awards ceremony.
- The race director and or race official may disqualify anyone for not adhering to the rules.
- The race director has the option to include teams not adhering to Rules 3. and 4. in a non-competitive category if they wish, but they will not be counted for HARRA competition.
- The race director must provide a complete list of teams including individual team members after results are finalized to HARRA.
HARRA Series Relay Races (Road or Cross Country) must have, at a minimum, the six HARRA team categories detailed below. Additional categories are permitted but they must have equal awards for both gender categories of teams.
Relay categories are as follows:
- Open Women
- Masters (40+)
- Masters Women (women 40+)
- Veterans (50+)
- Veteran Women (women 50+)
The following additional categories may also be included:
- Open Mixed (team of 2 Men and 2 Women under 40)
- Masters Mixed (team of 2 Men and 2 Women 40+)
- Senior Men (men 60+)
- Senior Women (women 60+)
- Senior Mixed (team of 2 Men and 2 Women 60+)
If a club is concerned about the categories, they should contact HARRA to approve any changes/additions prior to their race.
All participants in a HARRA championship race, regardless of organizational affiliation should be eligible for awards.
No organizational affiliation should be required to enter a HARRA championship race.
HARRA events should be scheduled so there will be adequate recovery time for participants attempting to complete the entire series. Events longer than 10K should have at least 2 weeks between them and no less than one week for shorter events.
Port-a-cans should be available at course water stations consistent with race size and course limitation considerations.
Splits called at mile markers and 5K splits called on the longer races.